The Genzyme PAL Awards grants program was launched in 2011 to encourage bold new ideas and programs to support the LSD community worldwide. The PAL program funds innovative projects in disease awareness and education, community mobilization, non-profit development and good governance activities, patient care and support programs. A total of $400,000 has been awarded over the past 4 years to xxxx organizationthrough small, competitive grants to nonprofit, charitable patient organizations that seek funding for new initiatives that support the LSD community.
The submission period is held from February through June yearly. Applications must include the following in order to be considered eligible: a project proposal, completed Application Form, and an accepted Terms and Conditions. The application process includes the following steps:
- Step 1: Develop a 3-page proposal and budget outlining your proposed project. Remember, PAL Awards will not be considered for projects that have already occurred.
- Step 2: Complete the online Application Form, agree to the program Terms and Conditions, and Attach your three-page proposal and budget.
- Step 3: Judging period occurs from June through early September.
- Step 4: All applicants will be notified of the results by mid-September.
- Step 5: Recipients will be publicly announced by October.
Proposals are reviewed by an External Review Committee and selected through a blinded selection process. Proposals are reviewed using a set of established criteria as explained in the grant guidelines. The Review Committee is comprised of up to six committee members with expertise in such areas as philanthropy, rare disease advocacy, rare disease research and treatment, communications and non-profit management. Learn more about the Review Committee.
Genzyme works with patient organizations around the world.
Genzyme Rare Community
Stay up to date on important work in the LSD and rare disease communities.